Aug 25, 2008

Salvador Dali Asummpta Corpuscularia Lapislazulina painting

It's the simple Enochist Truth," he said; "I'm a shy one where the girls are concerned. Always have been! Always will be!" He blinked and winked. "That don't mean I ain't got an ace or two once the chips are down! But I'm slow to make my play, and the reason is, there weren't no girls around when I was growing up. O.B.G's daughter don't count; not just she's a darky, but she come on so fast and teased so much she'd scare the starch right out o' me, despite I'd love to shown the hussy a thing or two. . . I used to tell her she was lucky I was , but the fact of the matter was, I'd get me in a state quick enough just a-thinking how she carried on, but once she was right there face to face -- no spunk at all! Know what I mean?"
Naturally I did not, except by considerable effort of imagination -- what could be more alien in the goat-barns than pusillanimity in the face so to speak of erotic provocation?
"You weren'table to service her?" I hazarded.
Greene blushed and glanced out of the booth. Croaker was asleep now in the aisle, my stick in his lap, and the broadcast above our voices a queer loud plaint:

No comments: