Aug 24, 2008

Claude Monet The Seine At Argenteuil painting

University, George," he complained with a smile, "and don't believe in any of them. But if therewere such a thing as Finals, and I were the Grand Tutor, I'd pass the two of you just for being beautiful."
Anastasia blushed. When I made to sip my drink she stayed my hand. "Please don't drink any more. Maurice wants to make a fool of you."
I declared myself indifferent to that prospect.
Mrs. Sear embraced us both. "I'd love to paint you together! In the nude!"
"It matters to me," Anastasia said quietly. "He wants to show them you aren't what you say you are."
Dr. Sear agreed with his wife that we would make a splendid group.
"Could you work from a photograph, Heddy?" Stoker asked. "We could photograph them after the funeral."
"Let him do what he wants to," I said to Anastasia, squeezing her hand. "Whatever I do and however I look, I'm still the Grand Tutor."
"Listen to him!" Dr. Sear marveled.

No comments: