Jul 6, 2008

Guillaume Seignac Nymphe A La Piece D'Eau painting

It's all so delicious that I know we are going to wake up and find it a fleeting vision of the night," said Priscilla as they went away.
"Miss Patty and Miss Maria are hardly such stuff as dreams are made of," laughed Anne. "Can you fancy them `globe-trotting' -- especially in those shawls and caps?"
"I suppose they'll take them off when they really begin to trot," said Priscilla, "but I know they'll take their knitting with them everywhere. They simply couldn't be parted from it. They will walk about Westminster Abbey and knit, I feel sure. Meanwhile, Anne, we shall be living in Patty's Place -- and on Spofford Avenue. I feel like a millionairess even now."
"I feel like one of the morning stars that sang for joy," said Anne.
Phil Gordon crept into Thirty-eight, St. John's, that night and flung herself on Anne's bed.
"Girls, dear, I'm tired to death. I feel like the man without a country -- or was it without a shadow? I forget which. Anyway, I've been packing up."

No comments: