Jul 6, 2008

Albert Bierstadt Among the Sierra Nevada Mountains California painting

Fabian Perez Tango painting

And I suppose you are worn out because you couldn't decide which things to pack first, or where to put them," laughed Priscilla.
"E-zackly. And when I had got everything jammed in somehow, and my landlady and her maid had both sat on it while I locked it, I discovered I had packed a whole lot of things I wanted for Convocation at the very bottom. I had to unlock the old thing and poke and dive into it for an hour before I fished out what I wanted. I would get hold of something that felt like what I was looking for, and I'd yank it up, and it would be something else. No, Anne, I did NOT swear."
"I didn't say you did."
"Well, you looked it. But I admit my thoughts verged on the profane. And I have such a cold in the head -- I can do nothing but sniffle, sigh and sneeze. Isn't that alliterative agony for you? Queen Anne, do say something to cheer me up."
"Remember that next Thursday night, you'll be back in the land of Alec and Alonzo," suggested Anne.
Phil shook her head dolefully.

No comments: