Jan 27, 2008

Gustav Klimt The Kiss

Poirot did not answer my question directly.He went on: "As soon as I heard you were coming over I said to myself:something willarise.As in former days we will hunt together,we two.But if so it must beno common affair.It must be something"-he waved his handsexcitedly-"something recherche-delicate-fine......"He gave the lastuntranslatable word its full flavour. "Upon my word,Poirot,"I said. "Anyone would think you were ordering a dinner at the Ritz."
"Whereas one cannot command a crime to order? Very true."He signed."But I believe in luck-in destiny,if you will.Itis your destiny to stand beside me and prevent me from committing theunforgivable error." "What do you call the unforgivable error?" "Overlooking the obvious." I turned this over in my mind without quite seeing the point.

No comments: