Jan 27, 2008

flower oil painting

English.And yet auntie says he was a fine handsome figure of a man when shemarried him.It's dreadful to think,sir,what people come to." "Yes,indeed.And so,I suppose,Mary,having actually heard thesethreats,you were not so very surprised when you learnt what had happened?" "Oh,but I was,sir.You see,sir,I never thought for one moment that hemeant it.I thought it was just nasty talk and nothing more to it.And itisn't as though auntie was afraid of him.Why,I've seen him slink away likea dog with its tail between its legs when she turned on him.He was afraid ofher if you like." "And yet she gave him money?"
"Well,he was her husband,you see,sir." "Yes,so you said before."He paused for a minute or two.Then hesaid:"Suppose that,after all,he did not kill her." "Didn't kill her?" She stared. "That is what I said.Supposing someone else killed her......Have you anyidea who that someone else could be?"

No comments: