Jan 27, 2008

canvas painting

"Then perhaps I can talk to you for a few minutes if your mistress willnot object.It is about your aunt,Mrs Ascher." "The mistress is out,sir.Shen wouldn't mind,I'm sure,if you came inhere." She opened the door of a small morning-room.We entered and Poirot,seating himself on a chair by the window,looked up keenly into the girl'sface. "You have heard of your aunt's death,of course?" The girl nodded,tears coming once more into her eyes. "This morning,sir.The police came over.Oh! It's terrible!Poor auntie!Such a hard life as she'd had,
too.And nowthis-it's too awful." "The police did not suggest your returning to Andover?" "They said I must come to the inquest-that's on Monday,sir.But I'venowhere to go there-I couldn't fancy being over the shop-now-and what withthe housemaid being away,I didn't want to put the mistress out more thanmay be."

No comments: