Dec 23, 2007

famous frida kahlo painting

Dora came to the drawing-room door to meet me; and Jip came scrambling out, tumbling over his own growls, under the impression that I was a Bandit; and we all three went in, as happy and loving as could be. I soon carried desolation into the bosom of our joys - not that I meant to do it, but that I was so full of the subject - by asking Dora, without the smallest preparation, if she could love a beggar? ¡¡¡¡My pretty, little, startled Dora! Her only association with the word was a yellow face and a nightcap, or a pair of crutches, or a wooden leg, or a dog with a decanter-stand in his mouth, or something of that kind; and she stared at me with the most delightful wonder. ¡¡¡¡'How can you ask me anything so foolish?' pouted Dora. 'Love a beggar!'
ora, my own dearest!' said I. 'I am a beggar!' ¡¡¡¡'How can you be such a silly thing,' replied Dora, slapping my hand, 'as to sit there, telling such stories? I'll make Jip bite you!' ¡¡¡¡Her childish way was the most delicious way in the world to me, but it was necessary to be explicit, and I solemnly repeated:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

famous frida kahlo painting"