Dec 18, 2007

art deco painting

'It's not the first loss I have had in my life, Mr. Murdstone,' replied Peggotty, trembling from head to foot. 'I am glad to hope that there is nobody to blame for this one, - nobody to answer for it.' ¡¡¡¡'Ha!' said he; 'that's a comfortable reflection. You have done your duty?' ¡¡¡¡'I have not worn anybody's life away,' said Peggotty, 'I am thankful to think! No, Mr. Murdstone, I have not worrited and frightened any sweet creetur to an early grave!' ¡¡¡¡He eyed her gloomily - remorsefully I thought - for an instant; and said, turning his head towards me, but looking at my feet instead of my face: ¡¡¡¡'We are not likely to encounter soon again; - a source of satisfaction to us both, no doubt, for such meetings as this can never be agreeable. I do not expect that you,
who always rebelled against my just authority, exerted for your benefit and reformation, should owe me any good-will now. There is an antipathy between us -' ¡¡¡¡'An old one, I believe?' said I, interrupting him. ¡¡¡¡He smiled, and shot as evil a glance at me as could come from his dark eyes. ¡¡¡¡'It rankled in your baby breast,' he said. 'It embittered the life of your poor mother. You are right. I hope you may do better, yet; I hope you may correct yourself

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

art deco painting"