Feb 18, 2009

Vincent van Gogh Vegetable Gardens in Montmartre

Vincent van Gogh Still life with a bottle of lemons and oranges
away in the early hours of the morning after the second roping, and naturally no one could say where he'd gone or when he'd return. So in default, Lyra attached herself to Farder Coram.
"I think it'd be best if I helped you, Farder Coram," she said, "because I probably know more about the Gobblers thanthe one I've seen."
"I bet there's one in Bodley's Library in Oxford," she said.
She could hardly take her eyes off Farder Coram's daemon, who was the most beautiful daemon she'd ever seen. When Pantalaimon was a cat, he was lean and ragged and harsh, but Sophonax, for that was her name, was golden-eyed and anyone else, being as I was nearly one of them. Probably you'll need me to help you understand Mr. de Ruyter's messages."He took pity on the fierce, desperate little girl and didn't send her away. Instead he talked to her, and listened to her memories of Oxford and of Mrs. Coulter, and watched as she read the alethiometer."Where's that book with all the symbols in?" she asked him one day."In Heidelberg," he said."And is there just the one?""There may be others, but that's

No comments: