Jan 2, 2009

Swatland Afternoon on the Terrace

few years ago, I reconnected with my lost female best friend. We reconnected but it wasn’t the same. I attended her bridal shower and marriage and saw that she had a lot of close female friends. I realized that she was a lot better at keeping in touch with people than I could ever be. I got married in my late twenties, and had no real girlfriend to speak with on the joys or still kept in touch but it was sporadic for the most part.
Now here’s the thing … I’m happily married to my hubby, who is my best friend. I have two wonderful, sometimes crazy, babies. I have a job I’m happy with it, and a body that I’ve come to love. So why is it that I still have this feeling of a missing piece when I think of women out there with a close knit circle of girlfriends that you can call or see anytime for no reason other than to be in each others company?
I feel like it’s my fault because I just don’t or can’t pick up the phone and dial, or meet up with people. A lot of this is due to time constraints on my

No comments: