Aug 21, 2008

Francisco de Goya Nude Maja painting

Then I'm not a goat? My sire and dam were both human people?"
As at the outset, Max replied only, "Forgive, forgive, Billy!"
"All this time I've been a human student, and didn't know it!"
"Ja ja." Max was down on his knees now, so that all I could see of him was his old forehead pressed against the table-edge. "I should've seen what it would come to. But forgive, Billy!"
Alas, his revelations so possessed me, it was some moments until I noticed his misery. Then I leaned quickly to shower benedictions upon his hair. Still I couldn't share his tears; half a score of inferences and conjectures importuned me. Distinguished human parents! Dark intrigues in the highest places to destroy and save me! Rescued toPass All Fail All !
As if summoned by these astonishments my rescuer himself now hove into view, sweeper in hand. "Y'all go 'long now," he ordered us with a grin. "I got to sweep this here table off."

No comments: