Jun 1, 2008

oil painting for sale

"You promised to tell me your history, you know," said Alice, "and why it is you hate -- C and D," she added in a whisper, half afraid that it would be offended again.
"Mine is a long and sad tale!" said the Mouse, turning to Alice and sighing.
"It is a long tail, certainly," said Alice, looking down with wonder at the Mouse's tail; "but why do you call it sad?" And she kept on puzzling about it while the Mouse was speaking, so that her idea of the tale was something like this: -- "Fury said to a mouse, That he met in the house, `Let us both go to law: I will prosecute you. Come, I'll take no denial; We must have a trial: For really this morning I've nothing to do' Said the mouse to the cur, `Such a trial dear Sir, With no jury or judge would be wasting our breath.' `I'll be judge, I'll be jury,' said cunning old Fury: `I'll try the whole cause and condemn you to death.'"
-42-
"You are not attending!" said the Mouse to Alice severely. "What are you thinking of?"
"I beg your pardon," said Alice very humbly: "you had got to the fifth bend, I think?"
"I had not!" cried the Mouse, sharply and very angrily.

No comments: