May 14, 2008

Gustav Klimt The Kiss

and so beautiful! ?on the threshold of the inexplicable gallery. Her beautiful golden hair, gathered into a knot on the back of her neck, left visible the red star on her temple which had so nearly been the cause of her death. When I first got on the right track of the mystery of this case I had imagined that, on the night of the tragedy in The Yellow Room, Mademoiselle Stangerson had worn her hair in bands. But then, how could I have imagined otherwise when I had not been in The Yellow Room!
*When I wrote these lines, Joseph Rouletabille was eighteen years of age,梐nd he spoke of his "youth." I have kept the text of my friend, but I inform the reader here that the episode of the mystery of The Yellow Room has no connection with that of the perfume of the lady in black. It is not my fault if, in the document which I have cited, Rouletabille thought fit to refer to his childhood.
"But now, since the occurrence of the inexplicable gallery, I did not reason at all. I stood there, stupid, before the apparition - so pale and so beautiful - of Mademoiselle Stangerson. She was clad in a dressing-gown of dreamy white. One might have taken her to be

No comments: