Feb 29, 2008

leonardo da vinci mona lisa

She's dead!' he said; `I've not waited for you to learn that. Put your handkerchief away--don't snivel before me. Damn you all! she wants none of your tears!'
I was weeping as much for him as her; we do sometimes pity creatures that have none of the feeling either for themselves or others; and when I first looked into his face, I perceived that he had got intelligence of the catastrophe; and a foolish notion struck me that his heart was quelled and he prayed, because his lips moved and his gaze was bent on the ground.
`Yes, she's dead!' I answered, checking my sobs and drying my cheeks. `Gone to heaven, I hope; where we may, everyone, join her, if we take due warning and leave our evil ways to follow good!'
`Did she take due warning,then?' asked Heathcliff, attempting a sneer. `Did she die like a saint? Come, give me a true history of the event. How did--'

No comments: