Feb 29, 2008

famous salvador dali painting

`Where must I sleep, then?' I sobbed: I was beyond regarding self-respect, weighed down by fatigue and wretchedness.
`Joseph will show you Heathcliff's chamber,' said he; `open that door--he's in there.'
I was going to obey, but he suddenly arrested me, and added in the strangest tone:
`Be so good as to turn your lock, and draw your bolt--don't omit it!'
`Well!' I said. `But why, Mr Earnshaw?' I did not relish the notion of deliberately fastening myself in with Heathcliff.
`Look here!' he replied, pulling from his waistcoat a curiously constructed pistol, having a double-edged spring knife attached to the barrel. `That's a great tempter to a desperate man, is it not? I cannot resist going up with this every night, and trying his door. If once I find it open he's done for! I do it invariably, even though the minute

No comments: