Jan 27, 2008

thomas kinkade painting

It stared at us with disfavour and deep suspicion. "Your mother,"said Poirot. This took some twelve seconds to sink in,then the child turned and,bawling up the stairs "Mum,you're wanted,"retreated to some fastness inthe dim interior. A sharp-faced woman looked over the balusters and began to descend. "No good you wasting your time-"she began,but Poirot interrupted her. He took off his hat and bowed magnificently.
"Good evening,madame.I am on the staff of the Evening Flicker.I want topersuade you to accept a free of five pounds and let us have an article onyour late neighbour,Mrs Ascher." The irate words arrested on her lips,the woman came down the stairssmoothing her hair and hitching at her skirt. "Come inside,please-on the left there.Won't you sit down,sir." The tiny room was heavily over-crowded with a massive pseudo-Jacobeansuite,but we managed to squeeze ourselves in and on to a hard-seated sofa. "You must excuse me,"the woman was saying."I am sure I'm sorry I spoke

No comments: