Jan 24, 2008

Mary Cassatt painting

¡¡¡¡ "You have been here a month, I think?" said he. ¡¡¡¡ "No; not quite a month. It is only four weeks to-morrow since I left Mansfield." ¡¡¡¡ "You are a most accurate and honest reckoner. I should call that a month." ¡¡¡¡ "I did not arrive here till Tuesday evening." ¡¡¡¡ "And it is to be a two months' visit, is not?" ¡¡¡¡ "Yes. My uncle talked of two months. I suppose it will not be less." ¡¡¡¡ "And how are you to be conveyed back again? Who comes for you?" ¡¡¡¡ "I do not know. I have heard nothing about it yet from my aunt. Perhaps I may be to stay longer. It may not be convenient for me to be fetched exactly at the two months' end." After a moment's reflection, Mr. Crawford replied, "I know Mansfield, I know its way, I know its faults towards
I know the danger of your being so far forgotten, as to have your comforts give way to the imaginary convenience of any single being in the family. I am aware that you may be left here week after week, if Sir Thomas cannot settle everything for coming himself, or sending your aunt's maid for you, without involving the slightest alteration of the arrangements which h

No comments: