Jan 23, 2008

art painting picture

would not listen to him, that it was very unpleasant to me in every respect, and that I begged him never to talk to me in that manner again. I am sure I said as much as that and more; and I should have said still more, if I had been quite certain of his meaning anything seriously; but I did not like to be, I could not bear to be, imputing more than might be intended. I thought it might all pass for nothing with _him_." ¡¡¡¡ She could say no more; her breath was almost gone. ¡¡¡¡ "Am I to understand," said Sir Thomas, after a few moments' silence,
"that you mean to _refuse_ Mr. Crawford?" ¡¡¡¡ "Yes, sir." ¡¡¡¡ "Refuse him?" ¡¡¡¡ "Yes, sir." ¡¡¡¡ "Refuse Mr. Crawford! Upon what plea? For what reason?" ¡¡¡¡ "I--I cannot like him, sir, well enough to marry him."

No comments: