Dec 23, 2007

leonardo da vinci the last supper

I confided all to my aunt when I got home; and in spite of all she could say to me, went to bed despairing. I got up despairing, and went out despairing. It was Saturday morning, and I went straight to the Commons. ¡¡¡¡I was surprised, when I came within sight of our office-door, to see the ticket-porters standing outside talking together, and some half-dozen stragglers gazing at the windows which were shut up. I quickened my pace, and, passing among them,
wondering at their looks, went hurriedly in. ¡¡¡¡The clerks were there, but nobody was doing anything. Old Tiffey, for the first time in his life I should think, was sitting on somebody else's stool, and had not hung up his hat. ¡¡¡¡'This is a dreadful calamity, Mr. Copperfield,' said he, as I entered. ¡¡¡¡'What is?' I exclaimed. 'What's the matter?' ¡¡¡¡'Don't you know?' cried Tiffey, and all the rest of them, coming round me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

leonardo da vinci the last supper"