Dec 17, 2007

flaming june painting

When we all four went out walking in the afternoon, she closed her thin hand on my arm like a spring, to keep me back, while Steerforth and his mother went on out of hearing: and then spoke to me. ¡¡¡¡'You have been a long time,' she said, 'without coming here. Is your profession really so engaging and interesting as to absorb your whole attention? I ask because I always want to be informed, when I am ignorant. Is it really, though?' ¡¡¡¡I replied that I liked it well enough, but that I certainly could not claim so much for it. ¡¡¡¡'Oh! I am glad to know that, because I always like to be put right when I am wrong,' said Rosa Dartle. 'You mean it is a little dry, perhaps?
¡¡¡¡'Well,' I replied; 'perhaps it was a little dry.' ¡¡¡¡'Oh! and that's a reason why you want relief and change - excitement and all that?' said she. 'Ah! very true! But isn't it a little - Eh? - for him; I don't mean you?' ¡¡¡¡A quick glance of her eye towards the spot where Steerforth was walking, with his mother leaning on his arm, showed me whom she meant; but beyond that, I was quite lost. And I looked so, I have no doubt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

flaming june painting"