Dec 3, 2007

famous diego rivera painting

'Dispense with all the moral courage you can,' I said briskly. 'Don't arouse this man's animosity. Be quite friendly with him, talk with him, discuss literature and art with him- he is fond of such things. You will find him an interested listener and no fool. And for your own sake try to avoid witnessing, as much as you can, the brutalities of the ship. It will make it easier for you to act your part.' ¡¡¡¡'I am to lie,' she said in steady, rebellious tones; 'by speech and action to lie.' ¡¡¡¡Wolf Larsen had separated from Latimer and was coming toward us. I was desperate. ¡¡¡¡'Please, please understand me,' I said hurriedly, lowering my voice. 'All your experience of men and things is worthless here. You must begin over again. I know- I can see it- you have, among other ways, been used to managing people with your eyes, letting your moral courage speak out through them, as it were. You have already managed me with your eyes, commanded me with them. But don't try it on Wolf Larsen. You could as easily control a lion, while he would make a mock of you. He would-'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

famous diego rivera painting"