Dec 25, 2007

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

confidence I have in Mrs. Strong, and gives her all unconditionally?" One of the professional people replied, "And gives her all unconditionally." Upon that, with the natural feelings of a mother, I said, "Good God, I beg your pardon!" fell over the door-step, and came away through the little back passage where the pantry is.' ¡¡¡¡Mrs. Strong opened the window, and went out into the verandah, where she stood leaning against a pillar. ¡¡¡¡'But now isn't it, Miss Trotwood, isn't it, David, invigorating,' said Mrs. Markleham, mechanically following her with her eyes, '
to find a man at Doctor Strong's time of life, with the strength of mind to do this kind of thing? It only shows how right I was. I said to Annie, when Doctor Strong paid a very flattering visit to myself, and made her the subject of a declaration and an offer, I said, "My dear, there is no doubt whatever, in my opinion, with reference to a suitable provision for you, that Doctor Strong will do more than he binds himself to do."' ¡¡¡¡Here the bell rang, and we heard the sound of the visitors' feet as they went out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder"