Nov 26, 2007

wall art painting

Tess, he insisted; don't speak so! It came to me like a jolly new idea! And you don't believe me? What don't you believe?' ¡¡¡¡`Your conversion. Your scheme of religion.' ¡¡¡¡`Why?' ¡¡¡¡She dropped her voice. `Because a better man than you does not believe in such.' ¡¡¡¡`What a woman's reason! Who is this better man?, ¡¡¡¡`I cannot tell you.' ¡¡¡¡`Well,' he declared, a resentment beneath his words seeming ready to spring out at a moment's notice, `God forbid that I should say I am a good man - and you know I don't say any such thing. I am new to goodness, truly; but new comers see furthest sometimes.' ¡¡¡¡`Yes,' she replied sadly. `But I cannot believe in your conversion to a new spirit. Such flashes as you feel, Alec, I fear don't last!' ¡¡¡¡Thus speaking she turned from the stile over which she had been leaning, and faced him; whereupon his eyes, falling casually upon the familiar countenance and form, remained contemplating her. The inferior man was quiet in him now; but it was surely not extracted, nor even entirely subdued.

No comments: