Nov 30, 2007

Spring Breeze

'What do you mean?' I demanded; for, having sped his shaft, he was turning away. ¡¡¡¡'What do I mean?' he cried. 'An' it's you that asks me! 'T is not what I mean, but what the Wolf'll mean. The Wolf, I said, the Wolf!' ¡¡¡¡'If trouble comes, will you stand by?' asked impulsively, for he had voiced my own fear. ¡¡¡¡'Stand by? 'T is old fat Louis I stand by, an' trouble enough it'll be. We're at the beginnin' of things, I'm tellin' ye, the bare beginnin' of things.' ¡¡¡¡'I had not thought you so great a coward,' I sneered. ¡¡¡¡He favored me with a contemptuous stare. ¡¡¡¡'If I raised never a hand for that poor fool,'- pointing astern to the tiny sail,- 'd' ye think I'm hungerin' for a broken head for a woman I never laid me eyes upon before this day?' ¡¡¡¡I turned scornfully away and went aft. ¡¡¡¡'Better get in those topsails, Mr. Van Weyden,' Wolf Larsen said, as I came on the poop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring Breeze"

Anonymous said...

Spring Breeze"