Nov 30, 2007

Rembrandt The Jewish Bride

when Johnson, easing his sheet at imminent peril, cut across our wake a hundred feet away. Again Wolf Larsen laughed, at the same time beckoning them with his arm to follow. It was evidently his intention to play with them- a lesson, I took it, in lieu of a beating, though a dangerous lesson, for the frail craft stood in momentary danger of being overwhelmed. ¡¡¡¡''T is the fear of death at the hearts of them,' Louis muttered in my ear as I passed forward to see to taking in the flying jib and staysail. ¡¡¡¡'Oh, he'll heave to in a little while and pick them up,' I answered cheerfully. ¡¡¡¡Louis looked at me shrewdly. 'Think so?' he asked. ¡¡¡¡'Surely,' I answered. 'Don't you?' ¡¡¡¡'I think nothing but of my own skin, these days,' was his answer. 'An' 't is with wonder I'm filled as to the workin' out of things. A pretty mess that 'Frisco whisky got me into, an' a prettier mess that woman's got you into aft there. Ah, it's myself that knows ye for a blitherin' fool.'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rembrandt The Jewish Bride"

Anonymous said...

Rembrandt The Jewish Bride"