Nov 29, 2007

The British Are Coming

afraid to die; the life that was in you, that composes you, that is greater than you, did not want to die. You have talked of the instinct of immortality. I talk of the instinct of life, which is to live, and which, when death looms near and large, masters the instinct, so called, of immortality. It mastered it in you (you cannot deny it), because a crazy Cockney cook sharpened a knife. ¡¡¡¡'You are afraid of him now. You are afraid of me. You cannot deny it. If I catch you by the throat thus,'- his hand was about my throat, and my breath was shut off,- 'and begin to press the life out of you, thus, and thus, your instinct of immortality will go glimmering, and your instinct of life, which is longing for life, will flutter up, and you will struggle to save yourself. Eh? I see the fear of death in your eyes. You beat the air with your arms. You exert all your puny strength to struggle to live

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The British Are Coming"

Anonymous said...

The British Are Coming"