Oct 30, 2007

My Sweet Rose painting

You stay away from that old wizard, he hear me!" his uncle exploded,awkwardly substituting threat for reason. "Owen…" Aunt Beru started to interject gently, but the big farmer cut her offsternly. "Now, this is important, Beru." He turned his attention back to his nephew."I've told you about Kenobi before. He's a crazy old man; he'd dangerous and fullof mischief, and he's the best left well along." Beru's pleading gaze caused him to quiet somewhat. "That 'droid has nothingto do with him. Couldn't have," he grumbled half to himself. "Recording—huh!Well, tomorrow I want you to take the unit into Anchorhead and have its memoryflushed." Snorting, Owen bent to his half-eaten meal with determination. "That will bethe end of this foolishness. I don't care where that machine thinks it came from. Ipaid hard credit for it, and it belongs to us now." "But suppose it does belong to someone else" Luke wondered. "What if thisObi-wan person comes looking for his 'droid?" An expression between sorrow and a sneer crossed his uncle's seamed face at aremembrance. "He won't. I don't think that man exists anymore. He died aboutthe same time as your father." A huge mouthful of hot food was shoveled inward."Now forget about it." "Then it was a real person," Luke murmured, staring down at his plate. Headded slowly, "Did he know my father?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Sweet Rose painting"

Anonymous said...

My Sweet Rose painting"